How to Order South Dakota Vital Records
South Dakota Vital Records office files, stores, and issues certified copies of vital records including birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates for events that occurred in South Dakota.
- Physical Address: Vital Records, Dept of Health, 600 East Capitol, Pierre, SD 57501-2536; (605) 773-4961
- Website Address: http://doh.sd.gov/VitalRecords/
- Birth, Death and Marriage Records: since July 1905. Copies of the Birth, Death and Marriage records are available from the Register of Deeds in the county where the event occurred.
- Divorce Records: since July 1905. Copies of the divorce records are available from the Clerk of Courts in the county where the divorce was obtained.
- Ordering Vital Records Online – get the certificates within 2-5 days with a credit or debit card from USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Ordering Vital Records by Mail: You can download an application online for South Dakota Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificate Application
Background of South Dakota Vital Records
Searchable South Dakota Databases and other Helpful Links
- Links For South Dakota Birth Records
- Links For South Dakota Marriage Records and Divorce Records
- Links For South Dakota Death Records