Warren County, Tennessee Records
Warren County, Tennessee (Map It) was created on November 26, 1807 from White County, Jackson County and Smith County. This Warren County was named in honor of American Revolutionary War officer Joseph Warren (1741–1775), who sent Paul Revere on his famous midnight ride .Learn More About State of Tennessee History
Warren County is bordered by DeKalb County (north), White County (northeast), Van Buren County (east), Sequatchie County (southeast), Grundy County (south), Coffee County (southwest) and Cannon County (northwest) .
Warren County Cities and Towns include Centertown, McMinnville, Morrison, Viola, Dibrell .
A Map of Warren County, Tennessee contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Warren County, Tennessee Courthouse Records
Warren County, TN Courthouse
The Warren County Courthouse is located in McMinnville, Tennessee. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Warren county or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
There was a fire at the Warren County courthouse in 1852, Some early records were destroyed.
- Warren County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1852 and Probate Records from 1827.
- Warren County Register of Deeds has Land & Deed Records from 1810.
- Warren County Clerk of Circuit Court has Chancery Court Minutes from 1847, Circuit Court Minutes from 1842 and County Court Minutes 1848.
- Warren County Property Assessor has Tax Records from 1805, 1812, 1836, 1838, 1876-1883, 1885, 1887-1900 and are located at the Tennessee State Library and Archives. Tax lists can be used to locate families, document historic properties and study community history. Early tax lists generally include all white males over 21 and indicate whether they owned land or slaves.
- Warren County Health Department issues birth certificates and death certificates (deaths which occurred in that county within the past three years, and a few county health departments keep death records for longer periods of time).
Warren County, Tennessee Census Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810 (part), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Warren County, Tennessee Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1914 to present, also for Nashville since June 1881, for Knoxville since July 1881, and for Chattanooga since January 1882
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from the past 50 years to present.
- Locations: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, 1st Floor, Central Services Building, 421 Fifth Avenue, North, Nashville, TN 37243; PH: 615-741-1763
Warren County, Tennessee Resources
- State of Tennessee Archives and Societies
- Warren County Genealogical Society
- Brady-Hughes-Beasley Photographic Archives
- William H. & Edgar Magness Library, 118 W. Main Street, McMinnville, TN 37110 931-473-2428
- RAOGK Volunteers for Tennessee
- Warren County, Tennessee Message Boards
- Genealogical "Fact Sheets" About Warren County
Warren County, Tennessee External Links
- Tennessee Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Tennessee (1795 - 1929 )
- Tennessee Newspaper List by County and City
- Warren County, Tennessee Books - Amazon
- Tennessee Real Estate Assessment Data Property Search
- Warren County Records on Microfilm - Order County Microfilm Inventories and Reels
- Early Warren County Records Available on Interlibrary Loan
- Warren Co., Tennessee - FindaGrave
- Warren County History and Culture
- Warren County, Tennessee Links - Cyndi's List
- Warren Co. TNGenweb
- Warren County, Tennessee Ancestry Database Collections
- Warren Co. D.O.T. County Highway Map
- Warren County, Tennessee Military Records