New Hampshire Genealogical publications (magazines, newsletters, periodicals, books, etc.) include all sorts of helpful information and facts regarding individual ancestors, complete lineages and families, places in time, and about all types of genealogical records and repositories. They enable you to identify a abundance of information about your ancestors from many historical newspapers, magazines, and other periodicals. These different types of resources can regularly supplement public records and supply information that is not recorded someplace else. Here, you can study even more about your ancestor’s potential every day activities by placing them in the framework of their time.
The first New Hampshire Newspapers were published in the 1750s. However, some earlier Massachusetts papers mention New Hampshire residents and events. Copies of New Hampshire newspapers from before 1900 can be found in the collection at the New Hampshire Historical Society. That collection begins with copies of the New-Hampshire Gazette that span the years of 1758 to 1900. The society is currently working on microfilming some of its more fragile early newspapers. The New Hampshire State Library has several newspapers from after 1900 recorded on microfilm. They also have some newspaper records on microfilm from earlier years.
Newspapers – New Hampshire newspapers can supply all types of ideas about historical incidents, local history, court and legal notices, obituaries, and considerably more.
- New Hampshire Historical Newspapers
- New Hampshire Newspapers Directory Listings
- Historical Newspapers from New Hampshire (1808 – 1904) – Instantly discover names and keywords in over 450 million content articles, obituaries, marriage announcements, birth notices and also other items published in over 2,800 old U.S. newspapers. All new content added every month!
- New Hampshire Newspaper List
- Union Leader (Manchester)
- AJR Newslink
- The Flying Inkpot
- Newspaper Association of America
- New Hampshire Gazette (Portsmouth)
- Unravel the Gavel (Belmont)
- Amherst Citizen and the Milford Cabinet – This index is provided by the Amherst Public Library and covers roughly mid-1996 to present. Click on the Community tab, then on newspaper.
- Concord Monitor – This Concord Monitor index covers selective articles related to Concord and news of state-wide importance. The index goes back to 1998 and continues to the present, with approximately a one month delay for the most recent papers Also, has seperate obituary index.
- Hampton Union, Herald Sunday and Atlantic News Index – This index, is provided by the Hampton Public Library. Lane Library Reference Staff Index local newspapers for material concerning the town of Hampton. Prior to 2001 our index also includes information on the neighboring towns of Hampton Falls, North Hampton and Seabrook.
- Rochester Times and Rochester Courier – Rochester Times (1993-Current) and the Rochester Courier (1930-1993). The entries are for both organizations within Rochester, and for People. Genealogists will find obituary entries here