Williamson County, Tennessee Records
Williamson County is bordered by Davidson County (north), Rutherford County (east), Marshall County (southeast), Maury County (south), Hickman County (southwest), Dickson County (northwest) and Cheatham County (north-northwest) .
Williamson County Cities and Towns include Brentwood, Fairview, Franklin, Nolensville, Thompson's Station, Spring Hill .
A Map of Williamson County, Tennessee contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Williamson County, Tennessee Courthouse Records
Williamson County, TN Courthouse
The Williamson County Courthouse is located in Franklin, Tennessee. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Williamson county or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Williamson County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1800 and Probate Records from 1800.
- Williamson County Register of Deeds has Land & Deed Records from 1799.
- Williamson County Clerk of Circuit Court has Chancery Court Minutes from 1825, Circuit Court Minutes from 1810 and County Court Minutes 1800.
- Williamson County Property Assessor has Tax Records from 1804, 1821-1834, 1836, 1838, 1841-1846, 1851-1853, 1860, 1865-1869, 1871, 1872, 1875, 1884-1889, 1893-1900 and are located at the Tennessee State Library and Archives. Tax lists can be used to locate families, document historic properties and study community history. Early tax lists generally include all white males over 21 and indicate whether they owned land or slaves.
- Williamson County Health Department issues birth certificates and death certificates (deaths which occurred in that county within the past three years, and a few county health departments keep death records for longer periods of time).
Williamson County, Tennessee Census Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (part), 1810 (part), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Territory Census: 1770-1790 Census of the Cumberland Settlements
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Williamson County, Tennessee Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1914 to present, also for Nashville since June 1881, for Knoxville since July 1881, and for Chattanooga since January 1882
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from the past 50 years to present.
- Locations: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, 1st Floor, Central Services Building, 421 Fifth Avenue, North, Nashville, TN 37243; PH: 615-741-1763
Williamson County, Tennessee Resources
- State of Tennessee Archives and Societies
- Williamson County Archives
- Williamson County Historical Society
- Historic Carnton Plantation, 1345 Carnton Lane, Franklin, TN 37069 615-794-0903
- Williamson County Public Library
- RAOGK Volunteers for Tennessee
- Williamson County, Tennessee Message Boards
- Genealogical "Fact Sheets" About Williamson County
Williamson County, Tennessee External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Tennessee (1795 - 1929 )
- Tennessee Newspaper List by County and City
- Williamson County, Tennessee Books - Amazon
- Tennessee Real Estate Assessment Data Property Search
- Williamson County Records on Microfilm - Order County Microfilm Inventories and Reels
- Early Williamson County Records Available on Interlibrary Loan
- Williamson Co., Tennessee - FindaGrave
- Williamson County History and Culture
- Williamson County, Tennessee Links - Cyndi's List
- Williamson Co. TNGenweb
- Williamson County, Tennessee Ancestry Database Collections
- Williamson Co. D.O.T. County Highway Map
- Williamson County, Tennessee Military Records