Campbell County, Tennessee Records
Campbell County, Tennessee (Map It) was created on September 11, 1806 from Anderson County and Claiborne County. This Campbell County was named in honor of Virginia House of Burgesses member Arthur Campbell (1743–1811), who was a negotiator of Indian treaties.Learn More About State of Tennessee History
Campbell County is bordered by Whitley County, Kentucky (north), Clairborne County (east), Union County (southeast), Anderson County (south), Scott County (west) and McCreary County, Kentucky (northwest) .
Campbell County Cities and Towns include Caryville, Jacksboro, Jellico and La Follette .
A Map of Campbell County, Tennessee contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Campbell County, Tennessee Courthouse Records
Campbell County, TN Courthouse
The Campbell County Courthouse is located in Jacksboro, Tennessee. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Campbell county or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Campbell County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1838 and Probate Records from 1806.
- Campbell County Register of Deeds has Land & Deed Records from 1820.
- Campbell County Clerk of Circuit Court has Chancery Court Minutes from 1842, Circuit Court Minutes from 1849 and County Court Minutes 1839.
- Campbell County Property Assessor has Tax Records from 1838, 1839, 1849-1866, 1876-1900 and are located at the Tennessee State Library and Archives. Tax lists can be used to locate families, document historic properties and study community history. Early tax lists generally include all white males over 21 and indicate whether they owned land or slaves.
- Campbell County Health Department issues birth certificates and death certificates (deaths which occurred in that county within the past three years, and a few county health departments keep death records for longer periods of time).
Campbell County, Tennessee Census Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810 (part), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Campbell County, Tennessee Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1914 to present, also for Nashville since June 1881, for Knoxville since July 1881, and for Chattanooga since January 1882
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from the past 50 years to present.
- Locations: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, 1st Floor, Central Services Building, 421 Fifth Avenue, North, Nashville, TN 37243; PH: 615-741-1763
Campbell County, Tennessee Resources
- State of Tennessee Archives and Societies
- Campbell County Historical Society, 235 E Central Av, LaFollette, TN 37766; (423) 566-3581
- Jellico Public Library, 104 N. Main Street, Jellico, TN 37762 423-784-7488
- RAOGK Volunteers for Tennessee
- Campbell County, Tennessee Message Boards
- Genealogical "Fact Sheets" About Campbell County
Campbell County, Tennessee External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Tennessee (1795 - 1929 )
- Tennessee Newspaper List by County and City
- Campbell County, Tennessee Books - Amazon
- Tennessee Real Estate Assessment Data Property Search
- Campbell County Records on Microfilm - Order County Microfilm Inventories and Reels
- Early Campbell County Records Available on Interlibrary Loan
- Campbell Co., Tennessee - FindaGrave
- Campbell County History and Culture
- Campbell County, Tennessee Links - Cyndi's List
- Campbell Co. TNGenweb
- Campbell County, Tennessee Ancestry Database Collections
- Campbell Co. D.O.T. County Highway Map
- Campbell County, Tennessee Military Records