Grafton County, New Hampshire Records
Grafton County, New Hampshire (Map It) was created on March 19, 1771 as one of the five original counties identified for New Hampshire in 1769. The county was named Augustus Henry Fitzroy, 3rd Duke of Grafton (1735-1811), , who had been a supporter of American causes in Parliament, and who was serving as Prime Minister of Great Britain (1768-1770) at the time.
Grafton County is bordered by Caledonia County, Vermont (northwest), Orange County, Vermont (west), Windsor County, Vermont (southwest), Merrimack County (south), Sullivan County (south), Belknap County (southeast), Carroll County (east), Coos County (northeast), Essex County, Vermont (north).
Grafton County Cities and Towns include Alexandria, Ashland, Bath, Benton, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Bristol, Campton, Canaan, Dorchester, Easton, Landaff, Ellsworth, Enfield, Franconia, Grafton, Groton, Hanover, Haverhill, Hebron, Cockermouth, Holderness, Landaff, Lebanon, Lincoln, Lisbon, Littleton, Livermore, Lyman, Lyme, Monroe, Orange, Orford, Piermont, Plymouth, Rumney, Sugar Hill, Thornton, Warren, Waterville Valley, Wentworth, Woodstock.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old New Hampshire maps.
Grafton County, New Hampshire Courthouse Records
Grafton County, NH Courthouse
The Grafton County Courthouse is located in Haverhill, New Hampshire. Learn More About State of New Hampshire Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Grafton county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Grafton County Clerk of Superior Court has Court Records from 1773
- Grafton County Clerk of Probate Court has Probate Records from 1773
- Grafton County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1773. The County Register of Deeds responsibilities include Recording documents pertaining to real estate transactions, Recording land surveys, Copying and certifying as to these recorded real estate documents, Serving as custodian for other miscellaneous legal records such as Power of Attorneys, tax liens from towns/cities, boundary line agreements, IRS notices, etc.
- Grafton County Town Clerks has copies of vital records (birth, marriage, divorce and death records) from 1773.
Grafton County, New Hampshire Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Hampshire Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Grafton County, New Hampshire Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Hampshire Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage and Death Records: from 1640 to present
- Divorce Records: from 1808 to present
- Locations: New Hampshire Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Bureau of Vital Records, 71 South Fruit St, Concord, NH 03301; (800) 852-3345 Ext 4651, or in NH – (603) 271-4650
Grafton County, New Hampshire Resources
- Alexandria Historical Society, 317 Shem Valley Rd, Alexandria , NH 03222-6110
- Ashland Historical Society
- Bath Historical Society
- Bethlehem Heritage Society
- Bridgewater Historical Society, c/o Ruth Whittier, 1785 Summer St, Bristol , NH 03222-3243
- Bristol Historical Society
- Campton Historical Society
- Canaan Historical Society
- Dartmouth College Archives
- Dorchester Historical Society, Open Sun., 2-4pm, Memorial Day to Columbus Day and Old Home Days all weekend., Admission free,
- Enfield Historical Society
- Enfield Shaker Museum
- Franconia Area Heritage Council
- Groton Historical Society, PO Box 50, Rumney , NH 03266-0050
- Hanover Historical Society
- Haverhill Historical Society
- Hebron Historical Society
- Holderness Historical Society
- Lebanon Historical Society
- Lisbon Area Historical Society
- Littleton Area Historical Society
- Lyme Historians
- Mary Baker Eddy Historic House
- Monroe Historical Society, Phone: 603-638-4104 c/o Charles Hammer, 60 Fairfield Rd, Monroe , NH 03771-3274
- Orford Historical Society
- Pemi Baker Valley Historical Society Council, c/o Michelle Betts, 10 Palmer Rd, Campton , NH 03223-4422
- Piermont Historical Society
- Plymouth Historical Society
- Rumney Historical Society
- Sugar Hill Historical Museum
- Thornton Historical Society
- Township of Grafton Historical Society
- Upper Pemigewasset Historical Society
- Warren Historical Society
- Wentworth Historical Society
- Grafton County, New Hampshire Message Boards
- Grafton County, New Hampshire Genealogy Boards
Grafton County, New Hampshire External Links
- New Hampshire Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from New Hampshire (1756–1891)
- Grafton County, New Hampshire Books - Amazon
- Grafton Co., New Hampshire - FindaGrave
- Grafton County, New Hampshire Links - Cyndi's List
- Grafton Co. NHGenweb
- Grafton County, New Hampshire Ancestry Database Collections
- Grafton County, New Hampshire Military Records
- New Hampshire City Directories