Robertson County, Tennessee Records
Robertson County, Tennessee (Map It) was created on April 9, 1796 from Tennessee County and Sumner County. This Robertson County was named in honor of James Robertson (1742–1814), Tennessee state legislator and founder of the Watauga Settlements.
Robertson County is bordered by Logan County, Kentucky (north), Simpson County, Kentucky (northeast), Sumner County (east), Davidson County (south), Cheatham County (southwest), Montgomery County (west) and Todd County, Kentucky (northwest) .
Robertson County Cities and Towns include Adams, Cedar Hill, Coopertown, Cross Plains, Greenbrier, Millersville, Orlinda, Springfield, White House, Ridgetop .
A Map of Robertson County, Tennessee contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Robertson County, Tennessee Courthouse Records
Robertson County, TN Courthouse
The Robertson County Courthouse is located in Springfield, Tennessee. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Robertson county or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Robertson County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1839 and Probate Records from 1796.
- Robertson County Register of Deeds has Land & Deed Records from 1796.
- Robertson County Clerk of Circuit Court has Chancery Court Minutes from 1844, Circuit Court Minutes from 1832 and County Court Minutes 1796.
- Robertson County Property Assessor has Tax Records from 1812, 1836, 1837, 1867-1872, 1877-1880, 1883, 1884 and are located at the Tennessee State Library and Archives. Tax lists can be used to locate families, document historic properties and study community history. Early tax lists generally include all white males over 21 and indicate whether they owned land or slaves.
- Robertson County Health Department issues birth certificates and death certificates (deaths which occurred in that county within the past three years, and a few county health departments keep death records for longer periods of time).
Robertson County, Tennessee Census Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (part), 1810 (part), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Territory Census: 1770-1790 Census of the Cumberland Settlements
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Robertson County, Tennessee Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1914 to present, also for Nashville since June 1881, for Knoxville since July 1881, and for Chattanooga since January 1882
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from the past 50 years to present.
- Locations: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, 1st Floor, Central Services Building, 421 Fifth Avenue, North, Nashville, TN 37243; PH: 615-741-1763
Robertson County, Tennessee Resources
- State of Tennessee Archives and Societies
- Robertson County Archives
- The Robertson County Historical Society & Museum
- Gorham MacBane Public Library, 405 White Street, Springfield, TN 37172 615-384-5123
- RAOGK Volunteers for Tennessee
- Robertson County, Tennessee Message Boards
- Genealogical "Fact Sheets" About Robertson County
Robertson County, Tennessee External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Tennessee (1795 - 1929 )
- Tennessee Newspaper List by County and City
- Robertson County, Tennessee Books - Amazon
- Tennessee Real Estate Assessment Data Property Search
- Robertson County Records on Microfilm - Order County Microfilm Inventories and Reels
- Early Robertson County Records Available on Interlibrary Loan
- Robertson Co., Tennessee - FindaGrave
- Williams, Bradley, Tolleson, and Duff Family
- Robertson County History and Culture
- Robertson County, Tennessee Links - Cyndi's List
- Robertson Co. TNGenweb
- Robertson County, Tennessee Ancestry Database Collections
- Robertson Co. D.O.T. County Highway Map
- Robertson County, Tennessee Military Records