Simpson County, Kentucky Records
Simpson County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 28, 1819 from Allen County, Logan County and Warren County. The county was named in honor of John Simpson, military captain killed at the Battle of Frenchtown .
Simpson County Cities and Towns include Franklin, Gold City, Middleton, Prices Mill, Providence, Salmons, Rapids.
A Map of Simpson County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Simpson County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Simpson County, KY Courthouse
The Simpson County Courthouse is located in Franklin, Kentucky. The Simpson County courthouse was destroyed by fire in May 1882. All records in the County Clerk's office were destroyed. A few "bundles" and all of the Order Books from the Circuit Clerk's office were saved. Tax records from 1819 to 1890 are available on microfilm. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Simpson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Simpsond County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1852, Land Records from 1819 and Probate Records from 1882 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Simpson County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1816. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Simpson County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Simpson County Elected Officials
Simpson County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Simpson County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Simpson County, Kentucky Resources
Simpson County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Simpson County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Simpson Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Franklin-Simpson Chamber of Commerce KY
- Simpson County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Simpson County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Simpson Co. KYGenweb
- Simpson County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Simpson County, Kentucky Military Records