Todd County, Kentucky Records
Todd County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on December 30, 1819 from Christian County and Logan County. The county was named in honor of John Todd (1750–1782), military colonel killed at the Battle of Blue Licks .
Todd County Cities and Towns include Allensville, Elkton, Penicktown, Fairview, Clifty, Daysville, Guthrie, Kirkmansville, Sharon Grove, Trenton, Pea Ridge, Allegre, Claymour, Tiny Town.
A Map of Todd County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Todd County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Todd County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Todd county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Todd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1820, Land Records from 1820 and Probate Records from 1820 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Todd County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1820. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Todd County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Todd County Elected Officials
Todd County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Todd County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Todd County, Kentucky Resources
- Todd County Historical Society, Box 155, Elkton KY 42220
- Todd County Public Library, 302 East Main Street, Elkton, Ky 42220; (270) 265-9071
- Todd County, Kentucky Message Boards
Todd County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Todd County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Todd Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Todd County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Todd County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Todd Co. KYGenweb
- Todd County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Todd County, Kentucky Military Records