Lincoln County, Tennessee Records
Lincoln County is bordered by Bedford County (north), Moore County (northeast), Franklin County (east), Madison County, Alabama (south), Limestone County, Alabama (southwest), Giles County (west) and Marshall County (northwest) .
Lincoln County Cities and Towns include Fayetteville, Petersburg .
A Map of Lincoln County, Tennessee contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lincoln County, Tennessee Courthouse Records
Lincoln County, TN Courthouse
The Lincoln County Courthouse is located in Fayetteville, Tennessee. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lincoln county or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Lincoln County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1838 and Probate Records from 1809.
- Lincoln County Register of Deeds has Land & Deed Records from 1810.
- Lincoln County Clerk of Circuit Court has Chancery Court Minutes from 1838, Circuit Court Minutes from 1849 and County Court Minutes 1810.
- Lincoln County Property Assessor has Tax Records from 1829-1833, 1836, 1846-1850, 1865-1867, 1870-1889, 1892-1900 and are located at the Tennessee State Library and Archives. Tax lists can be used to locate families, document historic properties and study community history. Early tax lists generally include all white males over 21 and indicate whether they owned land or slaves.
- Lincoln County Health Department issues birth certificates and death certificates (deaths which occurred in that county within the past three years, and a few county health departments keep death records for longer periods of time).
Lincoln County, Tennessee Census Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810 (part), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lincoln County, Tennessee Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1914 to present, also for Nashville since June 1881, for Knoxville since July 1881, and for Chattanooga since January 1882
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from the past 50 years to present.
- Locations: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, 1st Floor, Central Services Building, 421 Fifth Avenue, North, Nashville, TN 37243; PH: 615-741-1763
Lincoln County, Tennessee Resources
- State of Tennessee Archives and Societies
- Lincoln County Genealogical Society
- Lincoln County Archives, 1000-B Washington St. West, Fayetteville , TN 37334; Phone: (931) 732-4214
- Fayetteville-Lincoln County Public Library, 400 Rocky Knob Lane, Fayetteville, TN 37334 931-433-3286
- RAOGK Volunteers for Tennessee
- Lincoln County, Tennessee Message Boards
- Genealogical "Fact Sheets" About Lincoln County
Lincoln County, Tennessee External Links
- Tennessee Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Tennessee (1795 - 1929 )
- Tennessee Newspaper List by County and City
- Lincoln County, Tennessee Books - Amazon
- Tennessee Real Estate Assessment Data Property Search
- Lincoln County Records on Microfilm - Order County Microfilm Inventories and Reels
- Early Lincoln County Records Available on Interlibrary Loan
- Lincoln Co., Tennessee - FindaGrave
- Chestnut Ridge Cousins Chestnut Ridge Cousins is a genealogical organization, formed in 2002, committed to sharing family history with all our cousins. The Chestnut Ridge area is located in Middle Tennessee where the current Bedford, Lincoln, Marshall, and Moore counties all come together.
- Lincoln County History and Culture
- Lincoln County, Tennessee Links - Cyndi's List
- Lincoln Co. TNGenweb
- Lincoln County, Tennessee Ancestry Database Collections
- Lincoln Co. D.O.T. County Highway Map
- Lincoln County, Tennessee Military Records