Blount County, Tennessee Records
Blount County, Tennessee (Map It) was created on July 11, 1795 from Knox County. This Blount County was named in honor of William Blount (1749–1800), governor of the Southwest Territory and later U.S. Senator .Learn More About State of Tennessee History
Blount County Cities and Towns include Alcoa, Eagleton Village, Friendsville, Louisville, Maryville, Rockford, Seymour and Townsend .
A Map of Blount County, Tennessee contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Blount County, Tennessee Courthouse Records
Blount County, TN Courthouse
The Blount County Courthouse is located in Maryville, Tennessee. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Blount county or in the Tennessee State Library & Archives. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Blount County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1795 and Probate Records from 1795.
- Blount County Register of Deeds has Land & Deed Records from 1795.
- Blount County Clerk of Circuit Court has Chancery Court Minutes from 1859, Circuit Court Minutes from 1852 and County Court Minutes 1795.
- Blount County Property Assessor has Tax Records from 1800, 1801, 1803-1805, 1837-1839, 1845-1856, 1864-1900 and are located at the Tennessee State Library and Archives. Tax lists can be used to locate families, document historic properties and study community history. Early tax lists generally include all white males over 21 and indicate whether they owned land or slaves.
- Blount County Health Department issues birth certificates and death certificates (deaths which occurred in that county within the past three years, and a few county health departments keep death records for longer periods of time).
Blount County, Tennessee Census Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (part), 1810 (part), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Territory Census: 1770-1790 Census of the Cumberland Settlements
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Blount County, Tennessee Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Tennessee Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1914 to present, also for Nashville since June 1881, for Knoxville since July 1881, and for Chattanooga since January 1882
- Marriage, Divorce and Death Records: from the past 50 years to present.
- Locations: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Tennessee Office of Vital Records, 1st Floor, Central Services Building, 421 Fifth Avenue, North, Nashville, TN 37243; PH: 615-741-1763
Blount County, Tennessee Resources
- State of Tennessee Archives and Societies
- Blount County Records Management, 337 Court Street. Maryville , TN 37804; Phone: (865) 273-5796 [EMAIL]
- City of Maryville Archives, 301 McGhee Street, Maryville , TN 37801; Phone: (865) 981-1343
- Blount County Genealogical & Historical Society
- Blount County Public Library, 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville, TN 37804 865-982-0981
- Lamar Memorial Library, 502 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy., Maryville, TN 37804 865-981-8256
- RAOGK Volunteers for Tennessee
- Blount County, Tennessee Message Boards
- Genealogical "Fact Sheets" About Blount County
Blount County, Tennessee External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Tennessee (1795 - 1929 )
- Tennessee Newspaper List by County and City
- Blount County, Tennessee Books - Amazon
- Tennessee Real Estate Assessment Data Property Search
- Blount County Records on Microfilm - Order County Microfilm Inventories and Reels
- Early Blount County Records Available on Interlibrary Loan
- Blount Co., Tennessee - FindaGrave
- New Providence Presbyterian Church, 703 W. Broadway, Maryville, TN 37801 865-983-0182
- Blount Co. Biographies
- Blount County History and Culture
- Blount County, Tennessee Links - Cyndi's List
- Blount Co. TNGenweb
- Blount County, Tennessee Ancestry Database Collections
- Blount Co. D.O.T. County Highway Map
- Blount County, Tennessee Military Records