Barnes County, North Dakota Records
Barnes County Cities and Towns include Dazey, Fingal, Kathryn, Leal, Litchville, Nome, Oriska, Pillsbury, Rogers, Sanborn, Sibley, Tower City, Valley City, Wimbledon
Barnes County Townships include Alta, Anderson, Ashtabula, Baldwin, Binghampton, Brimer, Cuba, Dazey, Eckelson, Edna, Ellsbury, Getchell, Grand Prairie, Green, Greenland, Hemen, Hobart, Lake Town, Mansfield, Marsh, Meadow Lake, Minnie Lake, Nelson, Noltimier, Norma, Oakhill, Oriska, Pierce, Potter, Raritan, Rogers, Rosebud, Sibley Trail, Skandia, Spring Creek, Springvale, Stewart, Svea, Thordenskjold, Uxbridge, Valley, Weimer.
A Map of Barnes County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Barnes County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Barnes County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Barnes county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Barnes Register of Deeds / Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1893–1910 and Land Records from 1875. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Barnes County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1882, Probate Records from 1875 and Court Records from 1875. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Barnes County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Barnes County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Barnes County, North Dakota Resources
- Barnes County Historical Society
- Litchville Community Museum, c/o Eugene Olson, 5499 107th Avenue SE, Litchville ND 58461, 701-762-3694
- Nome Community Historical Assoc., Inc., c/o Richard Birklid, 12128 59th Street SE, Nome, ND 58062, 701-924-8303
- President's House Preservation Society
- Wimbledon Community Museum, Inc., c/o Les Koll, Pres, P. O. Box 223, Wimbledon, ND 58492, 701-435-2239
- Barnes County, North Dakota Message Boards
Barnes County, North Dakota External Links
- North Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Barnes County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Barnes Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Barnes County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Barnes Co. NDGenweb
- Barnes County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Barnes County, North Dakota Military Records