Steele County, North Dakota Records
Steele County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on March 08, 1883 from Grand Forks County, Griggs County. The county was named in honor of Edward H. Steele, secretary-treasurer of the Red River Land Company..
Steele County Cities and Towns include Finley, Hope, Luverne, Sharon.
Steele County Townships include ?Beaver Creek, Broadlawn, Carpenter, Colgate, Easton, Edendale, Enger, Finley, Franklin, Golden Lake, Greenview, Hugo, Melrose, Newburgh, Primrose, Riverside, Sharon, Sherbrooke, Westfield, Willow Lake.
A Map of Steele County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Steele County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Steele County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Steele county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Steele County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1884, Land Records from 1884, Probate Records from 1884 and Court Records from 1884. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Steele County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Steele County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Steele County, North Dakota Resources
Steele County, North Dakota External Links
- North Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Steele County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Steele Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Steele County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Steele Co. NDGenweb
- Steele County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Steele County, North Dakota Military Records