Henry County, Missouri Records
Henry County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 13, 1834 from Lafayette County (originally called Lillard). The county was named in honor of Patrick Henry (1736-1799), first post-colonial Governor of Virginia and prominent figure in the American Revolution.
Henry County Cities and Towns include Blairstown, Brownington, Calhoun, Clinton, Deepwater, Hartwell, La Due, Montrose, Tightwad, Urich, Windsor.
Henry County Townships include Alberta, Bowen, Coal, Delmar, Finey, Gaines, Garland, Germantown, Harvey, Hortense, Huntingdale, Leesville, Lewis, Livingston, Lucas, Maurine, Mount Zion, New Piper, Norris, Petersburg, Piper, Quarles, Roseland, Shawnee Mound.
A Map of Henry County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Henry County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Henry County, MO Courthouse
The Henry County Courthouse is located in Clinton, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Henry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Henry County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1835 and Land Records from 1835.
- Henry County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1834 and Court & Divorce Records from 1835.
- Henry County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-90.
- Henry County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Henry County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Henry County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Henry County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Henry County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Henry County Historical Society, P.O. Box 65, 203 W Franklin Str, Clinton, MO 64735; Ph: (660) 885-8414
- Windsor Historical Society
- West Central Missouri Genealogical Society and Library
- Heart of America Genealogical Society and Library, c/o Kansas City Public Library, 311 East Twelfth Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Henry County, Missouri Message Boards
- Henry County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Henry County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Henry County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Henry Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- History of Henry County
- Guide to Henry County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Henry County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Henry Co. MOGenweb
- Henry County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Henry County, Missouri Military Records