Bates County, Missouri Records
Bates County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 29, 1841 from Cass County (formally Van Buren County ) . The county was named in honor of Frederick Bates (1777-1825), the second governor of Missouri.
Bates County Cities and Towns include Adrian, Amoret, Amsterdam, Butler, Drexel, Rich Hill, Rockville, Hume, Foster, Merwin, Passaic.
Bates County Townships include Charlotte Township, Deepwater Township, Deer Creek Township, East Boone Township, Elkhart Township, Grand River Township, Homer Township, Howard Township, Hudson Township, Lone Oak Township, Mingo Township, Mound Township, Mount Pleasant Township, New Home Township, Osage Township, Pleasant Gap Township, Prairie Township, Rockville Township, Shawnee Township, Spruce Township, Summit Township, Walnut Township, West Boone Township, West Point Township.
A Map of Bates County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Bates County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Bates County, MO Courthouse
The Bates County Courthouse is located in Butler, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bates county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Courthouse burned in 1861, some record loss.
- Bates County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1860 and Land Records from 1839.
- Bates County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1845 and Court & Divorce Records from 1858.
- Bates County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-1907.
- Bates County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Bates County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Bates County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bates County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Bates County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Bates County Museum/Historical Society
- Bates County Genealogy Society
- Bates County Old Settlers’ Society , Route 4, Butler, MO 64730
- Heart of America Genealogical Society and Library, c/o Kansas City Public Library, 311 East Twelfth Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
- West Central Missouri Genealogical Society and Library
- Bates County, Missouri Message Boards
- Bates County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Bates County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Bates County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Bates Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- History of Bates County
- Guide to Bates County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Bates County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Bates Co. MOGenweb
- Bates County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Bates County, Missouri Military Records