Lafayette County, Missouri Records
Lafayette County, Missouri (Map It) was created on November 16, 1820 from Cooper County. The county was named in honor of Gilbert du Motier, the Marquis de Lafayette (1757-1834), French military officer and general in the American Revolutionary War.
Lafayette County Cities and Towns include Alma, Aullville, Bates City, Blackburn, Concordia, Corder, Dover, Emma, Higginsville, Lake Lafayette, Lexington, Mayview, Napoleon, Oak Grove, Odessa, Waverly, Wellington
A Map of Lafayette County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Lafayette County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Lafayette County, MO Courthouse
The Lafayette County Courthouse is located in Lexington, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lafayette county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Lafayette County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1821 and Land Records from 1820.
- Lafayette County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1821 and Court & Divorce Records from 1821.
- Lafayette County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ?.
- Lafayette County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Lafayette County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Lafayette County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lafayette County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Lafayette County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Lafayette County Historical Society, 101 West Phillips, Lexington, MO 64067
- Concordia Area Heritage Society, P.O. Box 91, 709 South Main, Concordia, MO 64020
- Lexington Historical Association, P.O. Box 121, 112 South Thirteenth Street , Lexington, MO 64067; Phone: (660) 259-6313
- Harvey J. Higgins Historical Society, 2113 Main, Higginsville, MO 64037-1125; Ph: (660) 584-3232
- Wellington-Napoleon Historical Society, , Route1, Box 6, Napoleon, MO 64074; Phone: (816) 934-8351
- West Central Missouri Genealogical Society and Library
- Heart of America Genealogical Society and Library, , c/o Kansas City Public Library, 311 East Twelfth Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Lafayette County, Missouri Message Boards
- Lafayette County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Lafayette County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Lafayette County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Lafayette Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Lafayette County History
- Guide to Lafayette County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Lafayette County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Lafayette Co. MOGenweb
- Lafayette County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Lafayette County, Missouri Military Records