Cooper County, Missouri Records
Cooper County Cities and Towns include Blackwater, Boonville, Bunceton, Otterville, Pilot Grove, Prairie Home, Windsor Place, Wooldridge, Clifton City, Speed.
Cooper County Townships include Blackwater, Boonville, Clark Fork, Clear Creek, Kelly, Lamine, Lebanon, North Moniteau, Otterville, Palestine, Pilot Grove, Prairie Home, Saline, South Moniteau.
A Map of Cooper County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Cooper County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Cooper County, MO Courthouse
The Cooper County Courthouse is located in Boonville, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cooper county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Cooper County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1819 and Land Records from 1819.
- Cooper County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1819 and Court & Divorce Records from 1821.
- Cooper County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-94.
- Cooper County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Cooper County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Cooper County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cooper County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Cooper County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Cooper County Historical Society
- Boonslick Historical Society of Cooper and Howard Counties, 811 7th Street Terrace, Boonville, MO 65233; (660) 882-6370
- William Clarke Quantrill Society
- Friends of Historic Boonville
- Genealogical Society of Central Missouri
- Cooper County, Missouri Message Boards
- Cooper County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Cooper County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Cooper County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Cooper Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Boonville History
- Guide to Cooper County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Cooper County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Cooper Co. MOGenweb
- Cooper County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Cooper County, Missouri Military Records