Gentry County, Missouri Records
Gentry County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 14, 1845 from Clinton County. The county was named in honor of Richard Gentry (1788-1837), a distinguished American military colonel in the Seminole Wars.
Gentry County Cities and Towns include Albany, Darlington, Gentry, King City, McFall, Stanberry.
A Map of Gentry County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Gentry County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Gentry County, MO Courthouse
The Gentry County Courthouse is located in Albany, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Gentry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Courthouse destroyed by windstorm 1883. Incomplete sporadic records before 1885.
- Gentry County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1885 and Land Records from 1885.
- Gentry County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1885 and Court & Divorce Records from 1885.
- Gentry County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-93.
- Gentry County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Gentry County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Gentry County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Gentry County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Gentry County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Tri-County Museum & Historical Society, Highway 169 & Grand Avenue, King City, MO 64463; Phone: (660) 535-4391
- Northwest Missouri Genealogical Society
- Gentry County, Missouri Message Boards
- Gentry County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Gentry County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Gentry County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Gentry Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Gentry County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Gentry County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Gentry Co. MOGenweb
- Gentry County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Gentry County, Missouri Military Records