Nodaway County, Missouri Records
Nodaway County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 14, 1845 from Andrew County. The county was named for the Nodaway River, a 120-mile (190 km) long river in southwest Iowa and northwest Missouri .
Nodaway County is bordered by Page County, Iowa (northwest), Taylor County, Iowa (north), Worth County (northeast), Gentry County (southeast), Andrew County (south), Holt County (southwest), Atchison County (west).
Nodaway County Cities and Towns include Maryville, Burlington Junction, Hopkins, Ravenwood, Skidmore, Barnard, Conception, Conception Junction, Parnell, Graham, Clearmont, Elmo, Pickering, Guilford, Clyde, Arkoe, Quitman.
A Map of Nodaway County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Nodaway County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Nodaway County, MO Courthouse
The Nodaway County Courthouse is located in Maryville, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Nodaway county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Nodaway County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1845 and Land Records from 1845.
- Nodaway County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1845 and Court & Divorce Records from 845 including Index to circuit court records, 1845-1897; Circuit court records, 1846-1887.
- Nodaway County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-93 .
- Nodaway County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Nodaway County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Nodaway County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Nodaway County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Nodaway County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Nodaway County Historical Society
- Nodaway County Genealogical Society
- Barnard Community Historical Society, 633 2nd Street, Barnard, MO 64423
- Hopkins Historical Society, P.O. Box 292, 113 North Third Street, Hopkins, MO 64461
- Sons & Daughters of the Blue & Gray Civil War Roundtable of Northwest Missouri, P.O. Box 316, Maryville, MO 64468; Phone: (660) 582-2159
- Northwest Missouri Genealogical Society
- Nodaway County, Missouri Message Boards
- Nodaway County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Nodaway County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Nodaway County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Nodaway Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Nodaway County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Nodaway County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Nodaway Co. MOGenweb
- Nodaway County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Nodaway County, Missouri Military Records