Atchison County, Missouri Records
Atchison County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 14, 1845 from Holt County and the Platte Purchase. The county was named in honor of James H. Audrain, a War of 1812 colonel Missouri State Legislator .
Atchison County is bordered by Fremont County, Iowa (north), Page County, Iowa (northeast), Nodaway County (east), Holt County (south), Richardson County, Nebraska (southwest), Nemaha County, Nebraska (west), Otoe County, Nebraska (northwest).
Atchison County Cities and Towns include Fairfax, Rock Port, Tarkio, Westboro, Watson.
Atchison County Townships include Benton Township, Buchanan Township, Clark Township, Clay Township, Colfax Township, Dale Township, Lincoln Township, Nishnabotna Township, Polk Township, Tarkio Township, Templeton Township.
A Map of Atchison County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Atchison County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Atchison County, MO Courthouse
The Atchison County Courthouse is located in Rock Port, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Atchison county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Atchison County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1845 and Land Records from 1845.
- Atchison County Circuit Court / Clerk Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1845 and Court & Divorce Records from 1845.
- Atchison County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-93.
- Atchison County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Atchison County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Atchison County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Atchison County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Atchison County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Atchison County Historical Society, 210 South Main Street, Rock Port, MO 64482; Phone: (660) 744-5800
- Atchison County and Tarkio College Alumni Historical Museum, 402 Main Street, Tarkio, MO 64491; Phone: (660) 736-5530
- Northwest Missouri Genealogical Society
- Atchison County, Missouri Message Boards
- Atchison County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Atchison County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Atchison County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Atchison Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Brief History of Atchison County, Missouri
- Guide to Atchison County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Atchison County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Atchison Co. MOGenweb
- Atchison County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Atchison County, Missouri Military Records