Franklin County, Missouri Records
Franklin County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 11, 1818 from St. Louis County. The county was named in honor of Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), writer, publisher, orator, and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.
Franklin County is bordered by Warren County (north), St. Charles County (northeast), St. Louis County (northeast), Jefferson County (east), Washington County (southeast), Crawford County (southwest), Gasconade County (west).
Franklin County Cities and Towns include Berger, Gerald, New Haven, Pacific, St. Clair, Sullivan, Union, Washington, Leslie, Miramiguoa Park, Oak Grove Village, Parkway.
A Map of Franklin County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Franklin County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Franklin County, MO Courthouse
The Franklin County Courthouse is located in Union, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Franklin county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Franklin County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1819 and Land Records from 1819.
- Franklin County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1819 and Court & Divorce Records from 1819.
- Franklin County Clerk of the Court has Birth Records from 1862-92.
- Franklin County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Franklin County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Franklin County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Franklin County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Franklin County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Franklin County Historical Society
- Washington Historical Society
- St. Clair Historical Museum
- Meramec Valley Genealogical and Historical Society
- Four Rivers Genealogical Society
- Phoebe Apperson Hearst Historical Society
- Franklin County, Missouri Message Boards
- Franklin County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Franklin County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Franklin County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Franklin Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Franklin County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Franklin County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Franklin Co. MOGenweb
- Franklin County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Franklin County, Missouri Military Records