St. Charles County, Missouri Records
St. Charles County, Missouri (Map It) was created on October 1, 1812 as one of the five original counties. The county was named in honor of St. Charles Borromeo (1538–1584), an Italian saint and cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church.
St. Charles County is bordered by Lincoln County (northwest), Calhoun County, Illinois (north), Jersey County, Illinois (northeast), Madison County, Illinois (east), St. Louis County (southeast), Franklin County (south), Warren County (west).
St. Charles County Cities and Towns include Augusta, Cottleville, Dardenne Prairie, Defiance, Flint Hill, Foristell, Harvester, Josephville, Lake St. Louis, Matson, New Melle, O'Fallon, Orchard Farm, Portage Des Sioux, St. Charles, St. Paul, St. Peters, Weldon Spring, Weldon Spring Heights, Wentzville, West Alton.
A Map of St. Charles County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
St. Charles County, Missouri Courthouse Records
St. Charles County, MO Courthouse
The St. Charles County Courthouse is located in Saint Charles, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in St. Charles county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- St. Charles County Courthouse
- St. Charles County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1807 and Land Records from 1804.
- St. Charles County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1805 and Court & Divorce Records from 1808.
- St. Charles County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1867–90.
- St. Charles County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- St. Charles County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
St. Charles County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
St. Charles County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
St. Charles County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- St. Charles County Genealogical Society
- St. Charles County Historical Society
- Lewis & Clark Center
- Boone-Duden Historical Society
- OFallon Historical Society
- Friends of Historic Augusta, Webster & High Streets, Augusta, MO 63332, Phone: (636) 228-4303
- Wentzville Community Historical Society, 506 South Linn Avenue, Wentzville, MO 63385, Phone: (314) 327-8720
- Historic Daniel Boone Home and Boonesfield Village
- St. Charles County, Missouri Message Boards
- St. Charles County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
St. Charles County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- St. Charles County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- St. Charles Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- St. Charles County Time Line
- Guide to St. Charles County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- St. Charles County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- St. Charles Co. MOGenweb
- St. Charles County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- St. Charles County, Missouri Military Records