St. Louis County, Missouri Records
St. Louis County, Missouri (Map It) was created on October 1, 1812 as one of the five original counties. The county was named in honor of King Louis IX (1214–1270), King of France from 1226 until his death .
St. Louis County is bordered by St. Charles County (north, northwest), Madison County, Illinois (northeast), City of St. Louis (east), St. Clair County, Illinois (southeast), Monroe County, Illinois (southeast), Jefferson County (south), Franklin County (southwest).
St. Louis County Cities and Towns include Ballwin, Bella Villa, Bellefontaine Neighbors, Bellerive, Bel-Nor, Bel-Ridge, Berkeley, Beverly Hills, Black Jack, Breckenridge Hills, Brentwood, Bridgeton, Calverton Park, Champ, Charlack, Chesterfield, Clarkson Valley, Clayton, Cool Valley, Country Club Hills, Country Life Acres, Crestwood, Creve Coeur, Crystal Lake Park, Dellwood, Des Peres, Edmundson, Ellisville, Eureka, Fenton, Ferguson, Flordell Hills, Florissant, Frontenac, Glencoe, Glendale, Glen Echo Park, Grantwood Village, Greendale, Green Park, Hanley Hills, Hazelwood, Hillsdale, Huntleigh, Jennings, Kinloch, Kirkwood, Ladue, Lakeshire, Mackenzie, Manchester, Maplewood, Marlborough, Maryland Heights, Moline Acres, Normandy, Northwoods, Norwood Court, Oakland, Olivette, Overland, Pacific, Pagedale, Pasadena Hills, Pasadena Park, Pine Lawn, Richmond Heights, Riverview, Rock Hill, Shrewsbury, St. Ann, St. George, St. John, Sunset Hills, Sycamore Hills, Town and Country, Twin Oaks, University City, Uplands Park, Valley Park, Velda City, Velda Village Hills, Vinita Park, Vinita Terrace, Warson Woods, Webster Groves, Wellston, Westwood, Wilbur Park, Wildwood, Winchester, Woodson Terrace.
A Map of St. Louis County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
St. Louis County, Missouri Courthouse Records
St. Louis County, MO Courthouse
The St. Louis County Courthouse is located in Clayton, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in St. Louis county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Note that all records of St. Louis County prior to 1876 are held by the City of St. Louis
- St. Louis County Courthouse
- St. Louis County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1876 and Land Records from 1876.
- St. Louis County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1876 and Court & Divorce Records from 1876.
- St. Louis County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-?.
- St. Louis County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- St. Louis County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
St. Louis County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
St. Louis County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
St. Louis County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Affton Historical Society
- St. Louis Genealogical Society
- Ballwin Historical Society, 14811 Manchester Road, Ballwin, MO 63011; Ph: (636) 227-8580
- Meramec Station Historical Society, 20 Fernridge Avenue, Valley Park, MO 63088; Ph: (636) 825-2711
- General Daniel Bissell House And Fort Belle Fontaine Historic Sites
- Bridgeton Historical Society, P.O. Box 922, 4201 Fee Fee Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044; Ph: (314) 739-5599
- Campbell House Foundation
- Kirkwood Historical Society
- Carondelet Historical Society
- Normandy Area Historical Association, P.O. Box 210208, Normandy, MO 63121, Ph: (314) 383-7937
- Chatillon-DeMenil House Foundation
- Old Trails Historical Society
- Civil War Round Table of St. Louis
- Overland Historical Society
- Clayton Historical Society
- Concordia Historical Institute, 801 DeMun Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63105; Ph: (314) 505-7900
- St. Louis Browns Historical Society
- Creve Coeur-Chesterfield Historical Society, 1672 Redbluff Court, St. Louis, MO 63146-3915; Ph: (314) 878-3142
- Eden Archives, 475 East Lockwood Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63119; Ph: (314) 961-3627
- St. Louis Jewish Community Archives
- Ferguson Historical Society, 110 Church Str, Ferguson, MO 63135-2429; Ph: (314) 521-0977
- St. Louis Mercantile Library, University of Missouri-St. Louis, Thomas Jefferson Building
- St. Louis Public Library
- Florissant Valley Historical Society
- St. Louis Regional Historical Societies, 2315 Woodson Road, Overland, MO 63114; Ph: (314) 427-4810
- Fort Belle Fontaine Historical Society
- Sappington-Concord Historical Society
- Shrewsbury Historical Society
- Soldiers Memorial and Military Museum
- Historic Florissant
- United Pentecostal Church International Historical Center
- Historical Society of University City
- Webster Groves Historical Society
- Jefferson National Expansion Memorial
- Wildwood Historical Society
- Jennings Historical Society
- Meramec Valley Genealogical and Historical Society
- St. Louis County, Missouri Message Boards
- St. Louis County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
St. Louis County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- St. Louis County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- St. Louis Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- The St. Louis City & County Split of 1876 & How It Affects Research in St. Louis, Mo.
- Guide to St. Louis County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- St. Louis County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- St. Louis Co. MOGenweb
- St. Louis County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- St. Louis County, Missouri Military Records