St Louis City, Missouri Records
A Map of St. Louis City, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
St. Louis City, Missouri Courthouse Records
St. Louis City, MO Courthouse
The St Louis City Courthouse is located in St. Louis, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
Researchers often overlook the importance of St Louis City court, probate, and land records as a source of genealogy and family history information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the dreams and frustrations of many Missouri citizens. The chances are great that your ancestors have left a detailed record of at least some aspects of their lives in the St Louis City court records.The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in St Louis City. The dates indicated below are the first known records for this county which may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, court records, and so forth. On August 22, 1876, St. Louis City separated from St. Louis County and began keeping its own records, also retaining all original St. Louis County records before 1876.
- St Louis City Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1766, Land Records from 1766 and Birth & Death Records from 1825.
- St Louis City Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1766 and Court & Divorce Records from 1766. The Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has the direct index to records such as divorces, adoptions, judgment, and tax fee books including direct and indirect indexes. They also retain the index to criminal records and criminal files of the circuit court. Adoptions are under the jurisdiction of the circuit court. Naturalization records, including petitions, declarations of intention, certificates, and certificates of allegiance, and granting of citizenship are also located in the clerk's office, as well as an index to civil case files. The County Probate Division has jurisdiction over the estates of deceased persons. The Division hears all litigation involving trusts, including those trusts established in wills.
- St Louis City Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- St Louis City Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
St. Louis City, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
St. Louis City, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
St. Louis City County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- St. Louis Genealogical Society
- Archives Services -- A Resource for Genealogists
- St Louis City, Missouri Message Boards
St Louis City, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- St. Louis City, Missouri Books - Amazon
- St. Louis Marriages 1754-1835
- St. Louis City Birth & Death Records
- Recorder of Deeds, City of Saint Louis
- Search for St. Louis City Records at the Missouri Archives
- County Records-Roll by Roll List
- St Louis City, Missouri - FindaGrave
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- St Louis City County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- St Louis City Missouri Genealogy
- St Louis City, Missouri Military Records