Crawford County, Missouri Records
Crawford County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 23, 1829 from Gasconade County. The county was named in honor of William H. Crawford (1772-1834), U.S. Senator from Georgia, U.S. Secretary of Treasury, and judge.
Crawford County Cities and Towns include Berryman, Bourbon, Cherryville, Cook Station, Cuba, Davisville, Dillard, Fanning, Huzzah, Leasburg, St. Cloud, Steelville, Wesco, West Sullivan.
A Map of Crawford County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Crawford County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Crawford County, MO Courthouse
The Crawford County Courthouse is located in Steelville, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Crawford county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Courthouse burned February 15, 1873, and again on January 5, 1884.
- Crawford County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1829 and Land Records from 1832.
- Crawford County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1832 and Court & Divorce Records from 1831.
- Crawford County Clerk of the Court has Birth Records from 1879-1903 and Death Records from 1883-91 and 1942-43 only..
- Crawford County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Crawford County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Crawford County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Crawford County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Crawford County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Crawford County Historical Society
- Leasburg Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 127, Leasburg, MO 65535; Phone: (573) 245-6140
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Crawford County, Missouri Message Boards
- Crawford County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Crawford County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Crawford County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Crawford Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Crawford County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Crawford County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Crawford Co. MOGenweb
- Crawford County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Crawford County, Missouri Military Records