Iron County, Missouri Records
Iron County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 17, 1857 from Madison County, Reynolds County, St. Francois County, Washington County and Wayne County. The county was named for the abundance of iron ore in the area.
Iron County is bordered by Washington County (north), St. Francois County (northeast), Madison County (east), Wayne County (southeast), Reynolds County (southwest), Dent County (west), Crawford County (northwest).
Iron County Cities and Towns include Annapolis, Arcadia, Belleview, Bixby, Des Arc, Glover, Hogan, Goodland, Ironton, Middle Brook, Pilot Knob, Viburnum, Vulcan.
A Map of Iron County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Iron County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Iron County, MO Courthouse
The Iron County Courthouse is located in Ironton, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Iron county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Iron County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1857 and Land Records from 1814.
- Iron County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1857 including Probate records and index, 1857-1887; administrator's/executors letters bonds and records, 1864-1889; Inventories Appraisements and Sale Bills, 1880-1890 Will records and index, 1857-1943. Recorder of Deeds: Index to deeds, 1815-1887; Deed Records, 1814-1896; marriage records and index, 1857-1922 and Court & Divorce Records from 1857.
- Iron County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-96.
- Iron County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Iron County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Iron County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Iron County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Iron County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Iron County Historical Society
- South East Missouri Civil War Round Table, Route 1, Box 121, Arcadia, MO 63621; Phone: (573) 546-2177
- Iron County, Missouri Message Boards
- Iron County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Iron County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Iron County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Iron Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Iron County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Iron County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Iron Co. MOGenweb
- Iron County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Iron County, Missouri Military Records