Scott County, Virginia Records
Scott County, Virginia (Map It) was created in November 24, 1814 from Lee County, Russell County and Washington County. Scott county was named for Winfield Scott, War of 1812 and later Mexican-American War general ..
Scott County is bordered by Wise County (north), Russell County (northeast), Washington County (east), Sullivan County, Tennessee (southeast), Hawkins County, Tennessee (south), Hancock County, Tennessee (southwest), Lee County (west).
Scott County Cities and Towns include Clinchport, Duffield, Dungannon, Fort Blackmore, Gate City, Hiltons, Nickelsville, Weber City and Yuma .
Scott County, Virginia Courthouse Records
Scott County, VA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH . Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The Scott County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, military discharges and court records.
- Scott County Clerk of Circuit Court has Marriage Records from 1815, Land Records from 1815, Court Records from 1815 and Probate Records from 1815.
- Scott County Health Department
- County and City Research in Virginia Guides and Indexes
Scott County, Virginia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Scott County, Virginia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Virginia Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from January 1853 to December 1896 and since June 14, 1912 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of surviving birth and death records for the period 1853 to 1896
- Marriage Records: from January 1853 to present. The Virginia Archives has copies of marriage records prior to 1936.
- Divorce Records: from January 1918 to present.
- Locations: Virginia Office of Vital Statistics, Virginia State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: 2001 Maywill Street, Richmond, Virginia 23230
Scott County, Virginia Resources
- State of Virginia Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Virginia
- Scott County, Virginia, Historical Society
- Scott County, Virginia Message Boards
- Scott County, Virginia Genealogy Forum
- Scott County microfilmed holdings at The Library of Virginia
- Virginia Heritage - Guides to manuscript and Archival Collections in Scott Co. Virginia
Scott County, Virginia External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Virginia (1784 - 1922 )
- Scott County, Virginia Books - Amazon
- Using County and City Court Records in the Archives at the Library of Virginia
- Virginia County Records, Volume , VI, VII , IX, X The records in these series were compiled as part of a series known as the Virginia County Records . The volume includes wills, land grants, and marriage bonds as well as other miscellaneous information on early Virginia settlers.
- Scott Co., Virginia - FindaGrave
- An Early History: Scott County, Virginia
- History of Scott County, Virginia
- Scott County, Virginia Links - Cyndi's List
- Scott Co. VAGenweb
- Scott County, Virginia Ancestry Database Collections
- Virginia Revolutionary War Units
- Scott County, Virginia Military Records