Brown County, Ohio Records
Brown County Cities and Towns include Aberdeen, Fayetteville, Georgetown, Hamersville, Higginsport, Mount Orab, Ripley, Russellville, Sardinia, St. Martin. Other communities include Decatur, Feesburg .
A Map of Brown County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Brown County Townships include Byrd, Clark, Eagle, Franklin, Green, Huntington, Jackson, Jefferson, Lewis, Perry, Pike, Pleasant, Scott, Sterling, Union, Washington.
Brown County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Brown County, OH Courthouse
The Brown County Courthouse is located in Georgetown, Ohio. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Brown county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Brown County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1818 and Probate Records from 1817.
- Brown County Recorder has Land Records from 1818.
- Brown County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from 1818.
- The Brown County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Brown County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Brown County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Brown County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Brown County Chapter, OGS, PO Box 83, Georgetown, OH 45121-0083
- Brown County Historical Society , PO Box 238, Georgetown, OH 45121-0238; Phone: (513) 896-9930
- Ripley Heritage, Inc.
- The John P. Parker Historical Society
- Brown County, Ohio Message Boards
- Brown County, Ohio Genealogy Boards
Brown County, Ohio External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Ohio (1802 - 1970)
- Brown County, Ohio Books - Amazon
- Brown Co., Ohio - FindaGrave
- Brown County, Ohio Links - Cyndi's List
- Brown Co. OHGenweb
- Brown County, Ohio Ancestry Database Collections
- Ohio Military Records