Mason County, Kentucky Records
Mason County Cities and Towns include Dover, Germantown, Maysville, Sardis.
A Map of Mason County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Mason County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Mason County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Mason county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Mason County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1789, Land Records from 1789 and Probate Records from 1791 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Mason County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1789. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Mason County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Mason County Elected Officials
Mason County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (missing), 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Mason County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Mason County, Kentucky Resources
- Mason County Historical Society, 319 West Third Street , Maysville, KY 41056-1016
- Mason County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 266, Maysville KY 41056
- Mason County Meuseum, (has a genealogical department) (606)564-5865
- Mason County Public Library, East Third St. , Maysville, KY 41056; (606) 564-3286
- Mason County, Kentucky Message Boards
Mason County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Mason County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Mason Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Mason County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Mason County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Mason Co. KYGenweb
- Mason County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Mason County, Kentucky Military Records