Adams County, Ohio Records
Adams County, Ohio (Map It) was created on July 10, 1797 from Hamilton County and Washington County. This county was named for John Adams (1735-1826), second U.S. President and executive when the county was organized .
A Map of Adams County, Ohio contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Adams County Cities and Towns include Cherry Fork, Manchester, Peebles, Rome, Seaman, West Union, Winchester.
Adams County Townships include Bratton, Brush Creek, Franklin, Green, Jefferson, Liberty, Manchester, Meigs, Monroe, Oliver, Scott, Sprigg, Tiffin, Wayne, Winchester.
Adams County, Ohio Courthouse Records
Adams County, OH Courthouse
The Adams County Courthouse is located in West Union, Ohio. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Adams county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
The courthouse burned in 1910, some records were saved, some as early as 1796, others to 1799 including records of several countys before their inception
- Adams County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1910 and Probate Records from 1849.
- Adams County Recorder has Land Records from 1797.
- Adams County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas has Court Records from ?.
- The Adams County Health Department has Birth & Death Records from 1908-Present. For birth and death records prior to Dec. 20, 1908, contact the Probate Court of this county.
Adams County, Ohio Census Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (destroyed), 1810 (destroyed), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Adams County, Ohio Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Ohio Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1908 to present
- Marriage Records: None. See County Probate Court.
- Death Records: from 1954 to present
- Divorce Records: None. See County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas.
- Locations: Ohio Office of Vital Statistics, Ohio Local Health Departments
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Adams County, Ohio Resources
- State of Ohio Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Ohio
- Adams County Genealogical Society, PO Box 231, West Union, OH 45693-0231; Phone: (216) 942-4624
- Adams County Historical Society
- Manchester Historical Society
- Serpent Mound
- Adams County, Ohio Message Boards
- Adams County, Ohio Genealogy Boards
Adams County, Ohio External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Ohio (1802 - 1970)
- Adams County, Ohio Books - Amazon
- Delphos & Marion Township Deaths 1909-1953
- Delphos Cemeteries
- Adams Co., Ohio - FindaGrave
- Adams County, Ohio Links - Cyndi's List
- Adams Co. OHGenweb
- Adams County, Ohio Ancestry Database Collections
- Ohio Military Records