Mountrail County, North Dakota Records
Mountrail County Cities and Towns include New Town, Palermo, Parshall, Plaza, Ross, Stanley, White Earth.
Mountrail County Townships include Alger, Austin, Banner, Bicker, Big Bend, Brookbank, Burke, Clearwater, Cottonwood, Crane Creek, Crowfoot, Debing, Egan, Fertile, Howie, Idaho, James Hill, Kickapoo, Knife River, Liberty, Lostwood, Lowland, Manitou, McAlmond, McGahan, Model, Mountrail, Myrtle, Oakland, Osborn, Osloe, Palermo, Parshall, Plaza, Powers, Powers Lake, Purcell, Rat Lake, Redmond, Ross, Shell, Sidonia, Sikes, Sorkness, Spring Coulee, Stave, Van Hook, Wayzetta, White Earth. A Map of Mountrail County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Mountrail County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Mountrail County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Mountrail county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Mountrail County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1909. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Mountrail County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1909, Probate Records from 1909 and Court Records from 1909. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Mountrail County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Mountrail County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Mountrail County, North Dakota Resources
- Mountrail County Historical Society
- New Town Historical Society, P. O. Box 342, New Town, ND 58763-0342, 701-627-3518
- Plaza Community Museum, P. O. Box 65, Plaza, ND 58771, 701-497-3454
- Flickertail Village Museum
- Three Affiliated Tribes Museum
- Mouse River Loop Genealogy Society
- Mountrail County, North Dakota Message Boards
Mountrail County, North Dakota External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Mountrail County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Mountrail Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Mountrail County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Mountrail Co. NDGenweb
- Mountrail County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Mountrail County, North Dakota Military Records