Williams County, North Dakota Records
Williams County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on January 08, 1873 from Dakota Territory. The county was named in honor of Dakota territorial legislator Erastus Appelman Williams..
Williams County is bordered by Divide County (north), Burke County (northeast), Mountrail County (east), McKenzie County (south), Roosevelt County, Montana (southwest), Sheridan County, Montana ( west)
Williams County Cities and Towns include Alamo, Epping, Grenora, Ray, Springbrook, Tioga, Wildrose, Williston.
Williams County Townships include Alamo, Athens, Barr Butte, Big Meadow, Big Stone, Blacktail, Blue Ridge, Bonetraill, Brooklyn, Buford, Bull Butte, Champion, Climax, Cow Creek, Dry Fork, Dublin, East Fork, Egypt, Ellisville, Equality, Farmvale, Golden Valley, Good Luck, Grenora, Hanks, Hardscrabble, Hazel, Hebron, Judson, Lindahl, Lund's Landing, Marshall, McGregor, Missouri Ridge, Mont, New Home, Oliver, Orthell, Pleasant Valley, Rainbow, Rock Island, Round Prairie, Sauk Valley, Scorio, South Meadow, Springbrook, Stony Creek, Strandahl, Tioga, Trenton, Truax, Twelve Mile, Tyrone, View, West Bank, Wheelock, Williston, Winner, Zahl.
A Map of Williams County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Williams County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Williams County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Williams county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Williams County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1890. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Williams County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1892, Probate Records from 1890 and Court Records from 1890. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Williams County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Williams County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Williams County, North Dakota Resources
- Buffalo Trails Museum
- Williams County Historical Society, 519 11th Avenue W, Williston, ND 58801-4727, 701-577-4504
- Fort Buford State Historic Site, c/o Johnathan Campbell, 612 East Boulevard Ave., Bismarck, ND 58501, 701-328-2666
- Fort Union Trading Post National Historic Site, c/o Johnathan Campbell, 612 East Boulevard Ave., Bismarck, ND 58501, 701-328-2666
- Frontier Museum , 423 1st Ave. West, Williston, ND 58801 , 701-572-2258
- Pioneer Trails Historical Society, Hanks, 2310 University Ave., Williston, ND 58801, 701-572-4759
- Ray Opera House Museum Society, 420 4th Avenue East, Ray, ND 58849, 701-568-3437
- Tioga Historical Society, Inc. / Norseman Museum, P. O. Box 697, Tioga, ND 58852-0697, 701-664-2702
- Williams County, North Dakota Message Boards
Williams County, North Dakota External Links
- North Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Williams County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Williams Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Williams County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Williams Co. NDGenweb
- Williams County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Williams County, North Dakota Military Records