McKenzie County, North Dakota Records
McKenzie County is bordered by Williams County (north), Mountrail County (northeast), Dunn County (south), Billings County (south), Golden Valley County (southwest), Wibaux County, Montana (southwest), Richland County, Montana ( west),
McKenzie County Cities and Towns include Alexander, Arnegard, Watford City.
McKenzie County Townships include Alex, Antelope Creek, Arnegard, Blue Butte, Charbon, Elm Tree, Grail, Grassy Butte, Hawkeye, Keene, Randolph, Riverview, Sioux, Tri, Twin Valley, Yellowstone. A Map of McKenzie County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
McKenzie County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
McKenzie County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in McKenzie county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library. In 1901 McKenzie was re-created but remained attached to Stark until it was fully organized in 1905.
- McKenzie County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1905. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- McKenzie County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1906, Probate Records from 1905 and Court Records from 1905. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
McKenzie County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
McKenzie County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
McKenzie County, North Dakota Resources
- McKenzie County Museum & Historical Society, Inc., 11542 Highway 23, Watford City, ND 58854
- Lewis and Clark Trail Museum
- McKenzie County Heritage Association, P. O. Box 512, Watford City, ND 58854
- Old Sod Post Office of Grassy Butte, 609 Main St., Grassy Butte, ND 58634, 701-863-6754
- Pioneer Museum of McKenzie County, P. O. Box 126, Watford City, ND 58854-0126, 701-444-2990 or 701-444-5804
- McKenzie County, North Dakota Message Boards
McKenzie County, North Dakota External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- McKenzie County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- McKenzie Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- McKenzie County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- McKenzie Co. NDGenweb
- McKenzie County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- McKenzie County, North Dakota Military Records