Morton County, North Dakota Records
Morton County Cities and Towns include Almont, Flasher, Glen Ullin, Hebron, Mandan, New Salem.
Morton County Townships include Breien, Captain's Landing, Fort Rice, Huff.
A Map of Morton County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Morton County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Morton County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Morton county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Morton County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Marriage Records from 1882 and Land Records from 1873. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Morton County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1873 and Court Records from 1873. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Morton County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Morton County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Morton County, North Dakota Resources
- Morton County Historical Society, 4248 43rd Ave, New Salem, ND 58563-9805
- Almont Historical Society, 4149 Co Rd 86, Almont, ND 58520, 701-843-7515
- Flasher Historical Society / Pioneer Square Community Center, c/o Ted Riehl, P. O. Box 181, Flasher, ND 58535-0181, 701-597-3783
- Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park
- Glen Ullin Historical Society Archives, P. O. Box 209, Glen Ullin, ND 58631-0209, 701-348-3175
- Glen Ullin Museum & Auxiliary, 6285 46th St., Glen Ullin, ND 58631, 701-348-3740
- Hebron Historical & Arts Society
- Mandan Historical Society
- New Salem Historical Society
- North Dakota State Railroad Museum
- Sims Historical Society, 4145 County Road 86, Sims, ND 58520, 701-843-7634
- Morton County, North Dakota Message Boards
Morton County, North Dakota External Links
- North Dakota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from North Dakota (1879–1923)
- Morton County, North Dakota Books - Amazon
- Morton Co., North Dakota - FindaGrave
- Morton County, North Dakota Links - Cyndi's List
- Morton Co. NDGenweb
- Morton County, North Dakota Ancestry Database Collections
- Morton County, North Dakota Military Records