Lyon County, Nevada Records
Lyon County, Nevada (Map It) was created on November 25, 1861 as an original county in the Nevada Territory. The county was named in honor of General Nathaniel Lyon (1818–1861), who was killed in action at the Battle of Wilson's Creek.
Lyon County is bordered by Washoe County (north), Storey County (east), Churchill County (east), Douglas County (west), Carson City (west), Mineral County (southwest), Mono County, California (southwest).
Lyon County Cities and Towns include Dayton, Fernley, Mason, Mound House, Silver City, Silver Springs, Simpson, Smith Valley, Stagecoach, Weed Heights, Wellington, Yerington. A Map of Lyon County, Nevada contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
MapGeeks.org has is a collection of old Nevada maps.
Lyon County, Nevada Courthouse Records
Lyon County, NV Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Lyon county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Lyon County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1887 and Land Records from 1862. The County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- Lyon County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1861. The County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- Lyon County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1867 and Court Records from 1867. The County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
Lyon County, Nevada Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: 1875
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Lyon County, Nevada Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to the present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: None, See County Recorder and County Clerk
- Locations: Nevada Office of Vital Statistics, Nevada State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate , Marriage and Divorce Verification Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Records, 4150 Technology Way, Suite 104, Carson City, NV 89706
Lyon County, Nevada Resources
- Wellington Historical Society, P.O. Box 36, Wellington NV 89444
- Lyon County, Nevada Message Boards
Lyon County, Nevada External Links
- Nevada Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Historical Newspapers from Nevada (1864–1922)
- Lyon County, Nevada Books - Amazon
- Lyon Co., Nevada - FindaGrave
- Lyon County, Nevada Links - Cyndi's List
- Lyon Co. NVGenweb
- Lyon County, Nevada Ancestry Database Collections
- Lyon County, Nevada Military Records