Webster County, Missouri Records
Webster County, Missouri (Map It) was created on March 3, 1855 from Greene County. The county was named in honor of Daniel Webster (1782–1852), U.S. Secretary of State and Senator from Massachusetts .
Webster County Cities and Towns include Diggins, Elkland, Fordland, Marshfield, Niangua, Northview, Red Top, Rogersville, Sampson, Seymour.
A Map of Webster County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Webster County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Webster County, MO Courthouse
The Webster County Courthouse is located in Marshfield, Missouri. Courthouse was accidentally burned by Federal Troops in 1863; The second story was damaged by a tornado on April 18, 1880. Minor record loss. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Webster county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Webster County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1855 and Land Records from 1854.
- Webster County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1856 and Court & Divorce Records from 1855.
- Webster County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883–93.
- Webster County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Webster County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Webster County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Webster County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Webster County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Webster County Historical Society
- Webster County, Missouri Message Boards
- Webster County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Webster County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Webster County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Webster Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Webster County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Webster County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Webster Co. MOGenweb
- Webster County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Webster County, Missouri Military Records