Christian County, Missouri Records
Christian County, Missouri (Map It) was created on March 8, 1859 from Greene County, Taney County and Webster County. The county was named in honor of William Christian (1743-1786), colonel in the American Revolution.
Christian County Cities and Towns include Billings, Boaz, Bruner, Chadwick, Chestnutridge, Clever, Elkhead, Fremont Hills, Garrison, Highlandville, Keltner, Linden, Nixa, Oldfield, Ozark, Saddlebrooke, Sparta, Spokane, Springfield.
A Map of Christian County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Christian County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Christian County, MO Courthouse
The Christian County Courthouse is located in Ozark, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Christian county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Arsonists destroyed the building and all court records on August 20, 1865.
- Christian County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1866 and Land Records from 1861.
- Christian County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1864 and Court & Divorce Records from 1865.
- Christian County Clerk of the Court has Birth Records from 1840-1904, including Register of births and stillbirths, 1883-1889; Record of births, 1840-1904;State census,1876;Assessment records,1868-1875 and 1881-1885 and Death Records from 1883-84.
- Christian County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Christian County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Christian County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Christian County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Christian County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Christian County Museum and Historical Society
- Christian County Library
- White River Valley Historical Society
- Civil War Round Table of the Ozarks
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Christian County, Missouri Message Boards
- Christian County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Christian County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Christian County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Christian Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Christian County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Christian County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Christian Co. MOGenweb
- Christian County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Christian County, Missouri Military Records