Stone County, Missouri Records
Stone County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 10, 1851 from Taney County. The county was named in honor of William Stone, first elected judge of Taney County .
Stone County is bordered by Christian County (north), Taney County (east), Carroll County, Arkansas (south), Barry County (west), Lawrence County (northwest).
Stone County Cities and Towns include Blue Eye, Branson West, Cape Fair, Carr Lane, Coney Island, Crane, Crossroads, Elsey, Galena, HootenTown, Hurley, Indian Point, Kimberling City, Lampe, McCord Bend, Ponce de Leon, Possum Trot, Reeds Spring, Reeds Spring Junction, Shell Knob, Union City, Viola.
A Map of Stone County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Stone County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Stone County, MO Courthouse
The Stone County Courthouse is located in Galena, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Stone county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Stone County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1851 and Land Records from 1854.
- Stone County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1848 and Court & Divorce Records from 1851.
- Stone County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ?.
- Stone County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Stone County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Stone County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Stone County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Stone County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Galena-Jo Daviess County Historical Society & Museum
- Stone County Historical & Genealogical Society
- White River Valley Historical Society
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Stone County, Missouri Message Boards
- Stone County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Stone County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Stone County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Stone Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- The Early History of Stone County Missouri
- Guide to Stone County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Stone County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Stone Co. MOGenweb
- Stone County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Stone County, Missouri Military Records