Barry County, Missouri Records
Barry County is bordered by Lawrence County (north), Stone County (east), Carroll County, Arkansas (southeast), Benton County, Arkansas (south), McDonald County (southwest), Newton County (northwest).
Barry County Cities and Towns include Monett, Cassville, Pierce City, Purdy, Seligman, Exeter, Wheaton, Washburn , Arrow Point, Butterfield, Chain-O-Lakes, Emerald Beach.
Barry County Townships include Ash Township, Butterfield Township, Capps Creek Township, Corsicana Township, Crane Creek Township, Exeter Township, Flat Creek Township, Jenkins Township, Kings Prairie Township, Liberty Township, McDonald Township, McDowell Township, Mineral Township, Monett Township, Mountain Township, Ozark Township, Pioneer Township, Pleasant Ridge Township, Purdy Township, Roaring River Township, Shell Knob Township, Sugar Creek Township, Washburn Township, Wheaton Township, White River Township.
A Map of Barry County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Barry County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Barry County, MO Courthouse
The Barry County Courthouse is located in Cassville, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Barry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
A Fire in 1872 destroyed some of the circuit court clerk's records
- Barry County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1837 and Land Records from 1835.
- Barry County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1835 and Court & Divorce Records from 1872.
- Barry County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-85.
- Barry County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Barry County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Barry County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Barry County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Barry County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Barry County Genealogical & Historical Society
- Barry County, Missouri Message Boards
- Barry County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Barry County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Barry County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Barry Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- The History of Barry County Missouri
- Guide to Barry County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Barry County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Barry Co. MOGenweb
- Barry County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Barry County, Missouri Military Records