Wright County, Missouri Records
Wright County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 29, 1841 from Pulaski County. The county was named in honor of Silas Wright (1795–1847), an American Democratic politician and Governor of New York.
Wright County Cities and Towns include Graff, Grovespring, Hartville, Macomb, Manes, Mansfield, Mountain Grove, Norwood.
A Map of Wright County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Wright County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Wright County, MO Courthouse
The Wright County Courthouse is located in Hartville, Missouri. In 1849 courthouse was burned and partially destroyed in 1862. The courthouse burned, reportedly January 11, 1863. A tornado damaged the building in 1888 .County Court records for Wright County were destroyed in an 1896 fire. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Wright county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Wright County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1897 and Land Records from 1853.
- Wright County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1853 and Court & Divorce Records from 1895.
- Wright County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ?.
- Wright County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Wright County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Wright County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Wright County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Wright County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Laura Ingalls Wilder/ Rose Wilder Lane, Home and Museum
- Wright County Historical and Genealogical Society
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Wright County, Missouri Message Boards
- Wright County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Wright County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Wright County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Wright Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Wright County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Wright County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Wright Co. MOGenweb
- Wright County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Wright County, Missouri Military Records