Miller County, Missouri Records
Miller County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 6, 1837 from Cole County and Pulaski County. The county was named in honor of John Miller (1781–1846), an American publisher and politician from St. Louis, Missouri. He was the fourth Governor of Missouri and represented Missouri in the U.S. House.
Miller County Cities and Towns include Bagnell, Brumley, Eldon, Etterville, Iberia, Kaiser, Lake Ozark, Lakeside, Olean, Osage Beach, St. Elizabeth, Tuscumbia, Ulman.
A Map of Miller County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Miller County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Miller County, MO Courthouse
The Miller County Courthouse is located in Tuscumbia, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Miller county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Miller County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1837 and Land Records from 1837.
- Miller County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1837 and Court & Divorce Records from 1837.
- Miller County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-1904 .
- Miller County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Miller County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Miller County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Miller County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Miller County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Miller County Historical Society
- Seeking N Searching Ancestors, 270 Brushy Creek Road, St. Elizabeth, MO 65075; Phone: (573) 793-6998
- Mid-Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 715, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Miller County, Missouri Message Boards
- Miller County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Miller County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Miller County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Miller Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- History of - Miller County
- Guide to Miller County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Miller County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Miller Co. MOGenweb
- Miller County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Miller County, Missouri Military Records