Osage County, Missouri Records
Osage County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 29, 1841 from Gasconade County. The county was named for the Osage River, a 360 miles (580 km) long tributary of the Missouri River in central Missouri; the name of the river is probably derived from a French corruption of "Washazhe" – the name of the Osage Native Americans .
Osage County Cities and Towns include Argyle, Belle, Bonnots Mill, Chamois, Folk, Frankenstein, Freeburg, Koeltztown, Linn, Loose Creek, Meta, Rich Fountain, Westphalia.
A Map of Osage County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Osage County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Osage County, MO Courthouse
The Osage County Courthouse is located in Linn, Missouri. A fire on November 14, 1880, damaged the courthouse. Fire destroyed the courthouse October 30, 1922. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Osage county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Osage County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1841 and Land Records from 1841.
- Osage County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1841 and Court & Divorce Records from 1841.
- Osage County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-98 .
- Osage County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Osage County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Osage County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Osage County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Osage County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Osage County Historical Society
- Westphalian Heritage Society, P.O. Box 244, 130 East Main, Westphalia, MO 65085-0244; Phone: (573) 455-2337 or (573) 455-2332
- Mid-Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 715, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Westphalia Historical Society
- Osage County, Missouri Message Boards
- Osage County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Osage County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Osage County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Osage Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Osage County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Osage County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Osage Co. MOGenweb
- Osage County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Osage County, Missouri Military Records