Dade County, Missouri Records
Dade County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 29, 1841 from Barry County and Polk County. The county was named in honor of Major Francis L. Dade (1793?-1835), Major in the U.S. 4th Infantry Regiment, United States Army, during the Second Seminole War.
Dade County Cities and Towns include Arcola, Bona, Dadeville, Everton, Greenfield, Lockwood, South Greenfield.
A Map of Dade County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Dade County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Dade County, MO Courthouse
The Dade County Courthouse is located in Greenfield, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dade county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
The courthouse was destroyed in the Civil War, October 6, 1863. Some records were destroyed
- Dade County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1863 and Land Records from 1841.
- Dade County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1841 and Court & Divorce Records from 1846.
- Dade County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-85.
- Dade County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Dade County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
- Recorder of Deeds: ; .lerk of the County Court: . Clerk of the Circuit Court: . Clerk of the Probate Court:.
Dade County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Dade County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Dade County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Dade County Historical Society
- Dade County Genealogical Society
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Dade County, Missouri Message Boards
- Dade County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Dade County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Dade County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Dade Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Dade County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Dade County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Dade Co. MOGenweb
- Dade County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Dade County, Missouri Military Records