Audrain County, Missouri Records
Audrain County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 17, 1836 from Callaway County, Monroe County, Ralls County and part of the Platte Purchase. The county was named in honor of U.S. Senator David Rice Atchison (1807-1886), a Democrat from Missouri .
Audrain County is bordered by Monroe County (north), Ralls County (northeast), Pike County (east), Montgomery County (southeast), Callaway County (south), Boone County (southwest), Randolph County (northwest).
Audrain County Cities and Towns include Farber, Laddonia, Mexico, Vandalia, Benton City, Martinsburg, Rush Hill, Vandiver.
Audrain County Townships include Cuivre Township, Linn Township, Loutre Township, Prairie Township, Saling Township, Salt River Township, South Fork Township, Wilson Township.
A Map of Audrain County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Audrain County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Audrain County, MO Courthouse
The Audrain County Courthouse is located in Mexico, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Audrain county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Audrain County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1837 (including Index to marriage records, 1837-1975; Marriage records, 1837-1917; Negro/colored marriage records, 1865-1890) and Land Records from 1837.
- Audrain County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1837 (including court records, 1839-1897; Administrator’s/executor’s letters, bonds and records, 1875-1897; Inventories, appraisements and sales bills, 1865-1919; Settlement records, 1863-1888; Guardian’s/curator’s records, 1871-1920; index to will records, 1880-1975; Will records, 1838-1925) and Court & Divorce Records from 1837.
- Audrain County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-86 (has Permanent record of births, 1883-1885; Register of births and still births, 1883-1885; Permanent record of deaths, 1883-1885; Register of deaths, 1883-1886; County court records, 1837-1863; County treasurer’s records, 1837-1849; Federal census, 1850; Bond and commission record, 1837-1871; Record of marks and brands, 1843-1971; Wolf scalp receipts, 1843-1854; Estray records, 1837-1851; Assessment records, 1838-1864 and 1876; Tax Books, 1869 ).
- Audrain County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Audrain County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Audrain County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Audrain County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Audrain County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Audrain County Historical Society
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of Central Missouri
- Audrain County Area Genealogical Society
- Audrain County, Missouri Message Boards
- Audrain County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Audrain County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Audrain County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Audrain Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- History of Audrain County
- Guide to Audrain County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Audrain County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Audrain Co. MOGenweb
- Audrain County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Audrain County, Missouri Military Records