Randolph County, Missouri Records
Randolph County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 22, 1829 from Chariton County and Ralls County. The county was named in honor of John Randolph of Roanoke (1773–1833), a leader in Congress from Virginia and spokesman for the "Old Republican" .
Randolph County Cities and Towns include Cairo, Clark, Clifton Hill, Higbee, Huntsville, Jacksonville, Moberly, Renick.
A Map of Randolph County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Randolph County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Randolph County, MO Courthouse
The Randolph County Courthouse is located in Huntsville, Missouri. Courthouse burned on August 12, 1882, the fire began in the second story between the two towers, consumed the courthouse.; Some records were destroyed. Deed index from 1829 survived. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Randolph county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Randolph County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1829 and Land Records from 1841.
- Randolph County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1829 and Court & Divorce Records from 1858.
- Randolph County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883–89 .
- Randolph County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Randolph County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Randolph County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Randolph County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Randolph County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Huntsville Historical Society, 107 Main Street , Huntsville, MO 65259
- Randolph County Historical Society
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of Central Missouri
- Randolph County, Missouri Message Boards
- Randolph County, Missouri Genealogy Boards
Randolph County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Randolph County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Randolph Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Randolph County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Randolph County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Randolph Co. MOGenweb
- Randolph County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Randolph County, Missouri Military Records