Monroe County, Missouri Records
Monroe County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 6, 1831 from Ralls County. The county was named in honor of James Monroe (1758–1831), fifth President of the United States who crafted the Missouri Compromise.
Monroe County Cities and Towns include Florida, Holliday, Madison, Monroe City, Paris, Santa Fe, Stoutsville.
A Map of Monroe County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Monroe County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Monroe County, MO Courthouse
The Monroe County Courthouse is located in Paris, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Monroe county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.State census of 1876. Courthouse burned 1861.
- Monroe County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1831 and Land Records from 1831.
- Monroe County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1832 and Court & Divorce Records from 1831.
- Monroe County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-85.
- Monroe County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Monroe County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Monroe County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Monroe County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Monroe County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society
- Monroe County Historical Society
- Monroe County, Missouri Message Boards
- Monroe County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Monroe County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Monroe County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Monroe Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Monroe County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Monroe County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Monroe Co. MOGenweb
- Monroe County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Monroe County, Missouri Military Records