Wright County, Minnesota Records
Wright County, Minnesota (Map It) was created on February 20, 1855 (Organized in 1855) from Cass County and Sibley County. The county was named in honor of Silas Wright (1795-1847), member of Congress from New York, 1827-29; U.S. Senator from New York, 1833-44; governor of New York 1845-47. Personal friend of a Monticello resident who urged the legislature to establish the county.
Wright County Cities and Towns include Albertville, Annandale, Buffalo, Clearwater, Cokato, Dayton, Delano, Hanover, Howard Lake, Maple Lake, Monticello, Montrose, Otsego, Rockford, South Haven, St. Michael, Waverly.
Wright County Townships include Albion, Buffalo, Chatham, Clearwater, Cokato, Corinna, Franklin, French Lake, Maple Lake, Marysville, Middleville, Monticello, Rockford, Silver Creek, Southside, Stockholm, Victor, Woodland Townships.
A Map of Wright County, Minnesota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Wright County, Minnesota Courthouse Records
Wright County, MN Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Wright county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Wright County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1868, Marriage Records from 1856 and Land Records from 1856. The County Recorder is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in the County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded/filed in this office. As Local Registrar, the office protects and issues certified copies of Birth and Death records, Marriage Certificates & Military Discharge Records.
- Wright County Court Administrator has Probate Records from 1854 and Court Records from 1858. The County Court Administrator maintains court files for Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate, Conciliation, Juvenile, Tax and Family Court matters.
- Wright County Treasurers Office is responsible for keeping a complete accounting of all monies collected and expended by all the county departments. This includes the investing of available funds and accurately distributing the interest received. The department is also responsible for the collection of taxes and distribution to the various taxing entities within the County.
Wright County, Minnesota Census Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census Reconstructed Records: 1835-1890
- State Population Schedules: Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Wright County, Minnesota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1900 to present
- Marriage Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Divorce Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Death Records: from January 1908 to present
- Locations: Minnesota Office of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164; (651) 201-5970
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificates Applications.
Wright County, Minnesota Resources
- State of Minnesota Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Minnesota
- Wright County Historical Society
- Cokato Finnish-American Society
- Cokato Historical Society, Museum & Library
- Minnesota Pioneer Park
- Rockford Area Historical Society
- Central Minnesota Historical Center
- Wright County, Minnesota Message Boards
- Wright County, Minnesota Genealogy Boards
Wright County, Minnesota External Links
- Minnesota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Wright County, Minnesota Books - Amazon
- Wright Co., Minnesota - FindaGrave
- Minnesota Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Wright County, Minnesota Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Minnesota (1849 - 1922)
- Wright Co. MNGenweb
- Wright County, Minnesota Ancestry Database Collections
- Wright County, Minnesota Military Records