Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Records
Muhlenberg County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on December 14, 1798 from Christian County and Logan County. The county was named in honor of Peter Muhlenberg (1746–1807), Revolutionary War general .
Muhlenberg County is bordered by McLean County (north), Ohio County (northeast), Butler County (east), Logan County (southeast), Todd County (south), Christian County (southwest), Hopkins County (west).
Muhlenberg County Cities and Towns include Bremen, Central City, Drakesboro, Greenville, Powderly, South Carrollton.
A Map of Muhlenberg County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Muhlenberg County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Muhlenberg county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Muhlenberg County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1802, Land Records from 1798 and Probate Records from 1801 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Muhlenberg County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1799. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Muhlenberg County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Muhlenberg County Elected Officials
Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Resources
- Muhlenberg County Genealogical Society, 111 South Main Street, Greenville KY 42345
- Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Message Boards
Muhlenberg County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Muhlenberg Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Muhlenberg County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Muhlenberg Co. KYGenweb
- Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Muhlenberg County, Kentucky Military Records