Ohio County, Kentucky Records
Ohio County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on December 17, 1798 from Hardin County. The county was named for the Ohio River, which formed the county's northern border until the creation of Daviess and Hancock counties .
Ohio County is bordered by Hancock County (north), Breckinridge County (northeast), Grayson County (east), Butler County (southeast), Muhlenberg County (southwest), McLean County (west), Daviess County (northwest).
Ohio County Cities and Towns include Baizetown, Beaver Dam, Centertown, Cool Springs, Cromwell, Dundee, Echols, Fordsville, Hartford, Magan, McHenry, Pleasant Ridge, Prentiss, Rockport, Rosine.
A Map of Ohio County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Ohio County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Ohio County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Ohio county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Ohiod County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1799, Land Records from 1798 and Probate Records from 1799 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Ohio County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1799. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Ohio County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Ohio County Elected Officials
Ohio County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1800 (missing), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Ohio County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Ohio County, Kentucky Resources
- Ohio County Genealogical Society
- Ohio County Historical Society, 415 Mulberry St, Hartford 42347-1734
- Ohio County, Kentucky Message Boards
Ohio County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Ohio County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Ohio Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Ohio County, KY community portal
- Ohio County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Ohio County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Ohio Co. KYGenweb
- Ohio County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Ohio County, Kentucky Military Records