McLean County, Kentucky Records
McLean County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on January 28, 1854 from Muhlenberg County, Daviess County and Ohio County. The county was named in honor of Alney McLean (1815–1817; 1819–1821), United States Representative from Kentucky .
McLean County Cities and Towns include Calhoun, Livermore, Sacramento, Island, Beech Grove, Rumsey, Comer, Congleton, Wrightsburg, Elba, Poverty, Cleopatra, Lemon, Wyman, Pack, Semiway, Poplar Grove, Guffie, Buel, Nuckols, Livia, Glenville, and Buttonsberry.
A Map of McLean County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
McLean County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
McLean County, KY Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in McLean county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- McLeand County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1854, Land Records from 1854 and Probate Records from 1847 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- McLean County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1854. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- McLean County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- McLean County Elected Officials
McLean County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
McLean County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
McLean County, Kentucky Resources
- McLean County Historical Society, Box 193, Route 3, Calhoun KY 42327
- McLean County, Kentucky Message Boards
McLean County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- McLean County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- McLean County Cemeteries
- McLean Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- McLean County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- McLean County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- McLean Co. KYGenweb
- McLean County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- McLean County, Kentucky Military Records